FOCUS Center for Autism Social Clubs
Socialize with a positive peer group!
Supervised by FOCUS staff, attendees:
- Play games
- Participate in structured activities
- Share a meal together
Positive Peer Groups are essential to the emotional growth of children.
- Children learn to evaluate themselves.
- They get important feedback through the eyes of their peers.
- They practice and gain social skills and confidence.
- They learn fairness, cooperation and how to defer personal gratification to group goals.
Social Club Options:
- FOCUS Social: Open to all FOCUS children. Meets once a month on Friday evenings from 6:00-8:30pm.
- Young Adult Social: Open to young adults aged 17 to 25. Participants do not have to be enrolled in FOCUS to attend but must go through an application process. Meets twice a month on Friday evenings from 6:00-9pm.